Do you love listening to live music?
Do you like to go to concerts where you can be surrounded by tons of people rocking out to the same tune or would you rather relax at a piano/blues bar while enjoying a cocktail with friends?
Louisiana has some of the top musicians in the music industry. Whether you prefer jazz, rap, country, or even Cajun music, Louisiana has something to get your feet moving on the dance floor.
Musicians like Lil Wayne, Brittany Spears, Garth Brooks, and Wayne Toups all have roots in the south.
Louisiana puts on several large music events throughout the year including the NOLA Jazz & Heritage Festival, Bayou Country Superfest, Baton Rouge Blues Festival, Annual Lagniappe Dulcimer Fete, and the Essence Music Festival. Visit our page on festivals by clicking here.
Some of the top places to watch a concert is at the Baton Rouge River Center, NOLA Superdome, and several of the casino’s.
To listen to live music, we recommend checking out any of the places listed below:
- Cafe Des Amis – Breaux Bridge
- Teddy’s Juke Joint – Zachary, La.
- Varsity Theatre – Baton Rouge
- Boudreaux & Thibodeaux’s – Baton Rouge
- Lava Cantina – Perkins Rowe in Baton Rouge
- Rock and Rowe – Perkins Rowe in Baton Rouge
- Live after Five – Baton Rouge, Lake Charles
- House of Blues – New Orleans
- Preservation Jazz Hall – New Orleans
- B. B. King Blues Bar – New Orleans
- Maison Bourbon – New Orleans
- Carousel Piano Bar & Lounge – New Orleans